A celebration of Canada’s favourite dish of french fries, cheese curds, and gravy is about to begin in Toronto, and you’ll be able to explore some of the best local poutines in the city.
La Poutine Week, an annual festival by People Mover Technologies Inc. and DoorDash, runs from February 1 – 7 not only in Toronto, but also in cities across the country including Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, Quebec City, Vancouver, and many more.
A number of restaurants in each city are participating in the festival, and you’ll be able to sample poutines from each before voting for your favourite on the website.
In Toronto and the surrounding area, there are 11 types of poutine to try at 15 locations, ranging from traditional to unconventional combinations, like Tex Mex or Jerk Brisket poutine.
The full list of poutines in the GTA to try are as follows:
1. 3 Brasseurs Tex Mex Poutine
2. Big Smoke Burger The BIG Snack Poutine
3. Cora Breakfast and Lunch The Poutine Burrito
4. Fancy Franks The Chicken Supreme
5. The Slab Pizza Classic Slab Poutine
6. Daddy’s Chicken Fried Chicken Bites Poutine
7. Sam’s Grill Jerk Brisket Poutine
8. Spicebros Butter Chicken Poutine
9. Sam’s Grill Pulled Pork Poutine
10. Meltwich Food Co Korean BBQ Poutine
11. Poutineville Poutine Gigi Rose
Before trying as many poutines as your stomach allows, make sure to register for the new points system to which you can redeem and put towards poutine. Participants who collect the most amount of points might qualify to win a gift card to DoorDash.