Have you ever tried a ‘sappy pig’ doughnut?
Every day at Von Doughnuts in Greektown they serve different flavors of doughnuts and some of them are definitely trailblazers. [Photo: @vondoughnuts]
Their regular lineup includes:
- Malt Vinegar – Topped with chips (probably vinegar flavored)
- Caramel Salt ‘n’ Pepa – Topped with caramel, dark chocolate, peppercorns, and sea salt
- Sangria – Topped with a red and white wine sangria glaze
- Burtle – Topped with dark chocolate, crisp bacon, candied walnuts, caramel, salt
- One Night Stand – Topped with tequila and sea salt, with a triple sec and lime dip
- The Sappy Pig – Topped with crisp bacon, drizzles in peanut butter and dark chocolate, with a maple dip
They have also added different flavors in the past that are even more eccentric than the regular doughnuts.
For example, in 2018, they made a ‘Game Time’ doughnut, covered in nacho cheese, pretzels, and mustard.
They also made dill pickle doughnuts in 2015, which you really have to see to believe.
They have also made Bacon Chipotle Popper doughnuts in the past, which appear to have chopped jalapeño sprinkled on top.
If you’re not drawn by the unusual or savory flavors, there are more conventional flavors available and they all look so good! Their website has a list of flavors available on each day of the week.